Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx ISE 14.7 Installation Issue

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to install ISE 14.7 and keep getting the below-mentioned error. My system fulfils all the system requirements for ISE 14.7.    

--------

There was an unexpected error executing Import ISE Virtual Appliance.
The error message was:
'"C:\Xilinx\14.7_VM\vboxmanage"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Do you want to retry?

--------

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Ananyo 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
You might have an old download then,

I was surprised , but the docs I sent a link to, says to me to install oracal virtual box, and provides a link how to install it.

I have not done it, but give the instructions a go,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
Are you on a company machine ? it could well be how your IT department have the machine set up. Such things as banning the use of VMs is common via the BIOS.

What native OS you running ?

Your folowing this
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-ise-vm-windows10.pdf

and downloaded the right version of ISE , the latest one ?

How did the oracal virtual box install go ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I'm trying to install it on my personal computer. It's a Windows 10 system. Do I need oracle virtual box, since ISE is already installing a ISE14.7 VM along with the Design Suite? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
You might have an old download then,

I was surprised , but the docs I sent a link to, says to me to install oracal virtual box, and provides a link how to install it.

I have not done it, but give the instructions a go,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What link? I don't see you sent a link anywhere

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-ise-vm-windows10.pdf