cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T memory failure

Hi Xilinx,

We are noticing an issue with Virtex-7 2000T FPGA. We are using HAPS70 S24 platform from Synopsys for prototyping our ASIC. We have a design where there is a large memory which uses almost 500 RAMB36 instances along with few processor cores and other logic. It use to work well until couple of days but we notice that read from this memory gives corrupted data. We see couple of nibble going wrong all through.

Did someone face a similar issue? Any ideas on how to solve it? Also, is there a utility from Xilinx to test FPGA internal logic (specifically memory) to ensure that FPGA memory is fine?

Thanks,

Srini Akula

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@sriniakulawd,

Also, is there a utility from Xilinx to test FPGA internal logic

Get an ILA core inside your design and monitor your signals.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ila/v6_1/pg172-ila.pdf

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dpaul24,

For debug the memory using ILA core, I need to create a design and generate some test sequences. I do not know which memory instance fails on the FPGA. Like I said there are 500 different RAMB instances which are used to construct the memory. 

I do want to have our design running to avoid confusions. So ILA route will not help to identify the issue.

Thanks,

Srini Akula

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@sriniakulawd,

We are using HAPS70 S24 platform from Synopsys for prototyping our ASIC.

I was not careful about this!

Like I said there are 500 different RAMB instances which are used to construct the memory. 

You are into ASICs. As far as I know, there are MBIST tests for RAMs in ASICs. Ther synth tool inserts BIST engines and they could be used to verify proper memory access.

It would be nice and easier to run MBIST prior to FPGA implementation.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos