UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor alep1111
Visitor

can't change parameter of Block Memory

Jump to solution

I have placed a a peace of RAM generated with the block memory generator  in a vivado block design in vivado 2015.4

When I  try to change the memory size all fields are gray

bram.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: can't change parameter of Block Memory

Jump to solution

Hi @alep1111

If you are planning to connect the BMG IP to AXI BRAM controller IP or local memory bus interface controller then you have to choose the Mode as "BRAM controller".

When using “BRAM controller” mode in BMG IP, the width/depth of Port-A/B depends on the address range assigned for AXI BRAM controller and value of data width selected in AXI BRAM controller.

You need to change the data width and address range of BRAM controller to change the width and depth of the Block memory generator IP. Let’s say that you have assigned 4k (i.e., 4x1024x8 bits =  32768 bits) address range to the AXI BRAM controller. Now if you choose data width as 32, the depth will be auto selected as 32768/32=1024.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@alep1111, I suspect if you have selected BRAM Controller option for Mode, please check in standalone mode.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @alep1111

If you are planning to connect the BMG IP to AXI BRAM controller IP or local memory bus interface controller then you have to choose the Mode as "BRAM controller".

When using “BRAM controller” mode in BMG IP, the width/depth of Port-A/B depends on the address range assigned for AXI BRAM controller and value of data width selected in AXI BRAM controller.

You need to change the data width and address range of BRAM controller to change the width and depth of the Block memory generator IP. Let’s say that you have assigned 4k (i.e., 4x1024x8 bits =  32768 bits) address range to the AXI BRAM controller. Now if you choose data width as 32, the depth will be auto selected as 32768/32=1024.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos