Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sastliuwei
Participant
Participant

the problem of the maximum size of the rom depth

Jump to solution

hello

I want to use the IP catalog to generate a single port rom in kintex-7 series by vivado and make the most of the rom. Now, I am confused to how to get the maximum size of the depth. For example, the width size is 144 bits. According to the illustration, the depth range is 2 to 524288. However, if I input 524288, I can not  generate the rom. In fact, the maximum size is 203264 after trying. theoretically, the memory of the block ram is 28620kb, 28620*1024/144=203520, not equal to 203264. Once I did the same thing with using the block ram of V4 SERIES in ISE. After inputing a width value, I could get the maximu size of the depth through the depth range directly. It is quite strange.

Can anyone explain it and tell me how to get the maximum size of the rom depth?

thanks for helpfigure2.png

figure.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

You also have to be aware that the BRAMs come in set sizes,

so if for instance your part has BRAMs that are 18 bits wide, then if you specify 16 bits wide , two rows are un available to you.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pthakare

Hi @sastliuwei 

What is the exact part you are using in Kintex-7.

It seems your configuration is excedding availble BRAM count in the selected device .

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

You also have to be aware that the BRAMs come in set sizes,

so if for instance your part has BRAMs that are 18 bits wide, then if you specify 16 bits wide , two rows are un available to you.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

sastliuwei
Participant
Participant
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
sastliuwei
Participant
Participant
@pthakare Thank you all the same
0 Kudos