cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

vivado displays an error when trying to set output width of a slice ipcore

Trying to use slice ipcore in block design but I get this warning with the following two tcl commands

set xlslice_6 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:xlslice:1.0 xlslice_6 ] xlslice_6
set_property -dict [ list CONFIG.DIN_FROM {43} CONFIG.DIN_TO {22} CONFIG.DIN_WIDTH {44} CONFIG.DOUT_WIDTH {22}] $xlslice_6
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-3374] An attempt to modify the value of disabled parameter 'DOUT_WIDTH' from '1' to '22' has been ignored for IP 'xlslice_6'

I am not sure why. Thanks for any help
Amish
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @amishmks ,

From the information which you've provided, syntax of first command is incorrect. It should be 'set <variable_name> <variable_value>'. If I just remove last  xlslice_6 from first command, I can run both commands correctly without any issue. So it would be better if you attach your complete script for further debugging.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

There is no script that I run these commands in. That was a copy and paste error which included the return from the first line. Here is a picture

Screenshot from 2020-04-29 12-07-17.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @amishmks ,

Can you share output script of below command -

write_bd_tcl -no_ip_version recreate_bd.tcl

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos