Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Implementation of Deep learning model(GAN) on Zynq

HI fellows,

I'm trying to implement Generative-Adversarial Neural Network(GAN) on my ZC706(Zynq xc7z045) Board using SDSoC, and I got some problems about lack of HW resources.

My GAN model is composed with 19 convolution layers, several pooling, concatenate layers, etc... and I want to HLS convolution layers with #HLS PRAGMAs, such as loop pipelining, unrolling, etc.

But, It seems xc7045 doesn't have enough HW resources(BRAM, LUT, etc...) to implement my GAN model.

I could HLS only 3 convolution layers from 19 convolution layers. HLS on more conv layers occured lack of resource errors.

So, what can I do to implement GAN on Zynq?

I'm thinking about these for solutions...

1. Buy Zynq Ultrascale+ Board (zcu102, zcu104...) which has more BRAMs, LUT, FF...

2. Use Xilinx supported fixed_point data type(such as ap_fixed, ap_int, etc...) and reduce HW resources.

3. Any other idea?

Need your supports!

Thank you and Good night.

Jinsung

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Implementation of Deep learning model(GAN) on Zynq

It seems your design wont fit on ZC706. If you are interested on low cost MPSoC device [having more resources than Zynq 7000] then Ultra96 might be the option, else ZCU102/104 are awesome!

Regards,
krishna@logictronix.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Another choice,modify the cnn net
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@jinsungroyYour approach is interesting and this is definitely an exciting development.  I wanted to ask, have you also considered the approach of leveraging the Xilinx DPU IP and DNNDK flow for this development?

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ai-inference/ai-developer-hub.html#edge

This flow natively supports INT8 quantization and scales from small to large Zynq and ZU+ devices.  You would have to evaluate whether all of the layer parameters that you are require are supported, but certainly CONV, POOL, CONCAT are available.

--Quenton

0 Kudos