UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to initiate an AXI burst transaction with Zynq AXI-GP-M port

Highlighted
Observer

How to initiate an AXI burst transaction with Zynq AXI-GP-M port

Dear Fellows,

I am working with a customized AXI4-full based IP core. The block diagram shows as follows.

The XMD tools allows me to write and read data from my ip core with the following command.

mrd 0x41200000

mwr 0x41200000 0xDEADBEAF

捕获.PNG

With the help of ILA core, I find that it can not initiate a burst read or burst write.

I am wandering if there is a way I could initiate a burst read or a burst write. Any information could be helpful.

捕获1.PNG

Xilinx Employee

Re: How to initiate an AXI burst transaction with Zynq AXI-GP-M port

Hi @boshkey,

Try to read/wrtie multiple values with a signe command:

mwr 0x41200000 {0x12 0x23 0x34 0x45}
mrd 0x41200000 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer

Dear florentw:

I have tried these command, but the AWLEN that indicates the length of a burst is still zero, which means it is still not a burst read or burst write, it just simply transfer multiple data in multiple transactions.  Just as the original ila scope picture shows.

Thank you for your advice.

Explorer

I think that the memcpy function in C produces burst accesses.

Avi Chami MSc
FPGA Site