UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to use the clock gererated from PS in the PL?

Accepted Solution Solved
Observer
Accepted Solution

How to use the clock gererated from PS in the PL?

Hi all,

I've already configured PS to make it output FCLK_CLK0 to PL, and instantiated the PS module in the top level RTL file.As the FCLK_CLK0 signal is an output from PS , then I defined it as a wire at top level, and used FCLK_CLK0 as PL's system clock, but during the process of generating bitsream, there is an error:

[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-1) Unrouted net - 1net(s) are unrouted. The problem net(s) are system_wrapper_inst/system_i/processing_system7_0/inst/PS_CLK.

How to use the clock from PS in PL? Why the  FCLK_CLK0 signal can not be routed?

Do I need to add some constraints?  Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: How to use the clock gererated from PS in the PL?

It just works.

modifying the top level is not recommended technology when you use vivado, in order to take full advantages you should wrap all you IP into Vivado IP and let IPI to manage the connectivity between IPs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Scholar

It just works.

modifying the top level is not recommended technology when you use vivado, in order to take full advantages you should wrap all you IP into Vivado IP and let IPI to manage the connectivity between IPs

Observer

Yes, it works , I forgot to make the FCLK_CLK0 as a output port in the block design. thank you very much!