UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Query on PYNQ board

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Query on PYNQ board

Hi, 

I have a query with respect to the PYNQ board. Although I have experience with Zynq, I am not familiar with Python or the Linux environment. Can I work with the PYNQ board in the same manner I would use the Zedboard? This means, can I develop and program my hardware designs on Zynq using Vivado and can I develop and program the software design on Zynq using SDK?

Also, can the software programming be done as bare-metal, i.e. without any OS running? 

Thanks,

Dimple

Accepted Solutions
Observer

Re: Query on PYNQ board

@dimple.sharma You can use the Pynq like any other board and run it bare metal- there's no requirement to run any of the Linux/Python stuff with it. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Observer

@dimple.sharma You can use the Pynq like any other board and run it bare metal- there's no requirement to run any of the Linux/Python stuff with it. 

Visitor

@jtobin Thank you very much!!