UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

S00_AXI_BASEADDR 0xFFFFFFFF

Observer

S00_AXI_BASEADDR 0xFFFFFFFF

I am using Vivado 2015.3 and have created a new IP using IP package tool. The address edidtor shows a correct base address for this IP after instantiation.

I exported the hardware including the bit file to the SDK. In SDK, the xparameters.h indicates the value 0xFFFFFFFF for the base address: 

#define XPAR_AXI_DBG_DESERIAL_0_DEVICE_ID 0
#define XPAR_AXI_DBG_DESERIAL_0_S00_AXI_BASEADDR 0xFFFFFFFF
#define XPAR_AXI_DBG_DESERIAL_0_S00_AXI_HIGHADDR 0x00000000

The following link shows that it was a bug in a old version. What is the next step to solve my issue?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/Bram-parameters-in-Xparameters-h/m-p/555182/highlight/true#M5042

Scholar

Re: S00_AXI_BASEADDR 0xFFFFFFFF

The xparameters.h is populated by the TCL file in the data folder of the driver. Have you added this correctly in SDK.

You need to use the Xilinx tool -> Repo, and point to the folder that contains the driver.

Observer

Hello!

Seeing the same problem (2015.3) - create a brand-new peripheral via Vivado's Create and Package IP dialog, edit the IP, package and export, add to a block diagram, auto-assign address, create bitstream, then export. The xparameters.h as created by a BSP in the SDK does indeed have a section for the custom peripheral, meaning the TCL script was invoked and the repo was found successfully, but it's using the default baseaddress and highaddress instead of the one assigned by Vivado's address editor. Interestingly, if I manually set the baseaddress in my C project to the address editor's definitions, it works great - so Vivado is working right, it's just something that is wrong in the export process that doesn't allow the SDK to generate the BSP correctly.

Observer

Additionally, did try to add the driver repo for my peripheral in the SDK - no change.
Observer

I'm seeing the same thing in Vivado 2015.4. I've tried many things to isolate the issue but I can't figure it out. I've also recreated the IP core and deleted the entire sdk directory and did a fresh import (actually, like an insane person, I've done this quite a few times). No matter what I do, the imported HDF display shows the correct address but the xparameters.h assignment is 0xFFFFFFFF. It's only one one core out of 21 but there is nothing special about the AXI interface on this one core.

Summary is: 

microblaze design

AXI LITE custom IP core

xparameters.h BASEADDR for this one core is 0xFFFFFFFF. All other cores assigned correctly

Visitor

Hi everyone,

Did any one solve this issue??? Xilinx peoples some one please help !!!

I have the same issue with at least 2 of my custom peripherales and it's anoing to change the address manualy each time the tool changes it and if you forget to do so...waist of time.

So the probleme is that in exported hdf file my custom peripherale shows the correct assigned address but xparametrs.h assignes 0xFFFFFFFF

Waiting to Xilinx geniuses ;-)

Visitor

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with Vivado 2015.4.

In system.hdf, the address is correct, and is the same as defined in the address editor. In xparameters.h, the Base Address is 0xFFFF_FFFF

I assign the address now maunally, but this is error-prone, and not a proper way. When will this bug be fixed?

Kind regards

STG

Visitor

Do the steps in the following link.

<http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66479.html>

Participant

I stil have the issue in Vivado 2015.4.1 and script.tcl doesn't fix it in my environment.

I hope for a fix of this bug soon...

V-italiano

Observer

I'm joining the crowd here, I also have the described problem. I can set the adress manually in my C code in SDK but it feels dirty.

The Link provided earlier does not work (anymore)?

I hope they at least fix that in the upcoming version of vivado. Does anybody have a workaround?