UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

Adventurer

What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

Hello, I am trying to communicate with an I2C slave that requires 1.5 kOhm pullup resistors on SCL/SDA.  I was going to solder in physical resistors myself, but then remembered the pullup column in the Vivado configurator (attached).

I can change the "disabled" to enabled easily enough, but I cannot find any documentation on what pullup resistor values is used in Zynq.  On the MIO pins, the pullup can be en/disabled through MIO register, so I wondered what this pullup option does exactly.  Can you please refer me to a documentation that lists the pullup resistor values used inside the Zynq chip?

Scholar

Re: What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

WEAK, need add extra R pullup or then use 10khz clock when only internal pullup is available

Adventurer

Re: What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

Thank you!
So internal pullup can only be used if fSCL < 10 kHz? Where can I find that documentation please?
Scholar

nowhere.

it is so, when I say so.

36 years of experience, it is heavy but I carry on

:)

it probably works bit above 10K also, but 10K is safe bet.