UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Zynq SPI via EMIO problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Zynq SPI via EMIO problem

Hi,

I've an SPI core from the PL routed out to the pins via EMIO. The bank I'm routing to is 3.3V, the SPI pins are configured as 3.3V and I've tied SS_In high as per the instructions in the TRM. I'm getting SPI traffic fine, but it's 1.8V levels not 3.3V levels. Other pins on the same banks are doing 3.3V, but the SPI pins aren't doing what I'd like them to do. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I've got wrong? 

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zynq SPI via EMIO problem

Hi ,

Please refer to http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/Zynq-connect-PS-SPI-peripheral-through-EMIO-with-external-device/m-p/600394#M7321 and see if it helps.

Regards

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi ,

Please refer to http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/Zynq-connect-PS-SPI-peripheral-through-EMIO-with-external-device/m-p/600394#M7321 and see if it helps.

Regards

Praveen

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the link Praveen, but sadly that doesn't help. The link shows pretty much where I'd already got to. 

I've the SPI connections fed out via EMIO to external pins, the constraints file set up and the I/O report verifies that the SPI outputs should be running at 3.3V. My logic analyser wasn't very happy with what was coming out (it was expecting 3.3v logic) so I looked at the signals on the scope. It's SPI, it's just that it's on the wrong voltage. The device it's going to be driving might be ok with the lower voltages, but I'd rather it was done right.

The bank I'm routing to the pins though is configured for 3.3v, and several of the other pins going out through that bank are 3.3v and they're right, what I don't understand is how it's just the SPI signals on the wrong level. 

Any suggestions most welcome

Paul

Visitor

I've solved my problem and thought I'd better post again to close the issue off. The issues wasn't with the FPGA, but the connector where the SPI lines were comming off. CS# and SCLK were shorting making the 3v3 signals look like 1v8 signals. 

Paul

Thanks for the update and quick reply.

Regards

Praveen

Observer

Hello

I knwo this is solved however, I just did a similar thing in my recent blog I have included the code as well at 

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Adam-Taylor-s-MicroZed-ish-Chronicles-Part-82-Simple/ba-p/620899