UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

pl.dsti file

Visitor

pl.dsti file

Hi,
We are using 2015.2 Vivado/petalinx on ubuntu, our hardware engineer created .hdf file, and I took this file to create petalinx project and after doing petalinx-config, pl.dsti was created, but only shows leds_4bits: gpio@41200000 instead of 4bits, I can see from the files after .hdf unzip, there was 8bit leds there, anybody knows what's wrong with it?
We are using Zedboard.

Thanks

Explorer

Re: pl.dsti file

leds_4bits is just a label it doesn't necessarily mean it only has 4 bits.   How was the GPIO controller configured?  If it was for more than 4 gpios then it should work.  Did you trying using it with something like devmem?

jeff

Visitor

Hi, Jeff

Thanks for the reply, no I didn't use memdev, what is it for? The following is from .tcl file which was created

by Vivado, I noticed that there are label inconsistency for 8bits leds gpio pin:

# Create interface ports

set leds_8bits [ create_bd_intf_port -mode Master -vlnv xilinx.com:interface:gpio_rtl:1.0 leds_8bits ]

# Create instance

set leds_8bits [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:axi_gpio:2.0 leds_8bits ]
set_property -dict [ list CONFIG.C_ALL_INPUTS {0} CONFIG.C_ALL_OUTPUTS {1} CONFIG.C_GPIO_WIDTH {8} CONFIG.GPIO_BOARD_INTERFACE {leds_8bits} CONFIG.USE_BOARD_FLOW {true} ] $leds_8bits

# Create interface connections

connect_bd_intf_net -intf_net axi_gpio_0_GPIO [get_bd_intf_ports leds_8bits] [get_bd_intf_pins leds_8bits/GPIO]

# Create port connections
connect_bd_net -net processing_system7_0_FCLK_CLK0 [get_bd_pins axi_bram_ctrl_0/s_axi_aclk] [get_bd_pins axi_gpio_1/s_axi_aclk] [get_bd_pins axi_mem_intercon/ACLK] [get_bd_pins axi_mem_intercon/M00_ACLK] [get_bd_pins axi_mem_intercon/M01_ACLK] [get_bd_pins axi_mem_intercon/M02_ACLK] [get_bd_pins axi_mem_intercon/S00_ACLK] [get_bd_pins leds_8bits/s_axi_aclk] [get_bd_pins processing_system7_0/FCLK_CLK0] [get_bd_pins processing_system7_0/M_AXI_GP0_ACLK] [get_bd_pins rst_processing_system7_0_100M/slowest_sync_clk]

# Create address segments

create_bd_addr_seg -range 0x10000 -offset 0x41200000 [get_bd_addr_spaces processing_system7_0/Data] [get_bd_addr_segs leds_8bits/S_AXI/Reg] SEG_axi_gpio_0_Reg

That could be the reason it failed. I saw there is gpiochip created when petalinx boot up, just I won't be able to modify the value to on/off the leds.

Thanks

Explorer

Hello,

devmem is a tool on linux that lets you read/write to physical address.  So you can just provide the register address of the gpio controller and program it that way for simple testing.    I can't really provide any input on your tcl file.

jeff