cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobN
Visitor
Visitor

Why doesn't Video Mixer IP complete synthesis in Vivado 2020.2?

Why doesn't Video Mixer IP complete synthesis in Vivado 2020.2?

I am trying to build a reference design on Kintex-7 that uses the Video Mixer IP and was designed in Vivado 2020.2.

When I try to implement, the synthesis gets stuck at the Video Mixer (as shown in the attached image)

Is there a solution to this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you please post log file to understand at what stage synthesis is getting stuck?

-Shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
BobN
Visitor
Visitor

Shreyas,

There is no log output for the Video Mixer IP Synthesis.

I am attaching one for an IP that synthesized correctly, namely the Video Processing Subsytem.

Also attaching messages.

BN

0 Kudos
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @BobN 

Refer the following AR.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70421.html

If you'd like to fix this issue on Windows, I suggest you to refer the following URL to resolve path length issue on Windows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd

Hope this help.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
BobN
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, Prof Watari, but my Windows path length was optimized.

I had to resolve this issue by running a Ubuntu (Linux) 18.04 VM on Windows and building the Vivado project within Linux

BN

0 Kudos