Create Account

Username

Password

Forgot your password?
XClose Panel
Xilinx Home
jaimejsoto

ISE Webpack 14.4 and CORE Generator, an insoluble compatibility problem

After installing ISE Webpack 14.4 and open an example project based on schematics, I tried to synthesize a CORE Generator IP, but a prompt message appears:

There is no project open.

You may browse the IP Catalog but you will not be able to generate any cores until you open or create a project.

All the libraries of CORE IP´s appears “grayed out”, meaning that they are not available.

I tried opening several example projects, but the problem remains unsolved.

I have been programming Xilinx chips since some 24 years, all families.

Thank you for any idea

Expert Contributor
gszakacs

Re: ISE Webpack 14.4 and CORE Generator, an insoluble compatibility problem

This is a bit confusing.  Core generator has its own project files, which are not the same as

the ISE project.  Normally if you use the ISE GUI and start Core generator using the

Project --> New Source... dialog, it will create a core generator project for you.  Otherwise

you can create a new project from within core generator, but then you should make sure

that the device settings are the same as for the ISE project that the cores will be used in.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
vemulad

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is one known issue with the ISE 14.4 webpack install. When ever you try to create an IP core, all of the cores in the new source wizard will appear to be greyed out. Are you referring to this?

As a workaround for this you can use a full install of ISE 14.4.

If you want to work with the webpack install, then set the environmental variable XIL_CG_LOAD_ALL_FAMILIES=true and re-open the ISE/Coregen and try to create an IP core.

Thanks,

Deepika.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting.
If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Super Contributor
rlewis65

This has been fixed in the latest device patch update to 14.4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like these books:
Free Range VHDL (free), http://www.freerangefactory.org/site/pmwiki.php/Main/Books
VHDL for Logic Synthesis, Andrew Rushton
FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples, Pong P Chu
Visitor
skxo

Hi everybody,

I have installed 14.4 ISE version and I cannot select IP core (I would like a single DCM). All Ips are grey inside the core generator and architecture wizard.

Please, can you explain the way to solve this problem?

Thank you 

vemulad

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You can set the environmental variable XIL_CG_LOAD_ALL_FAMILIES=true and re-open the ISE/Coregen and try to create an IP core as mentioned in the earlier post.

Refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/11630.htm for details on how to set the env variables.

Else you can dowload the ISE 14.4 product update from http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

Thanks,

Deepika.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting.
If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)