UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor wisnuk@w
Visitor

Custom Project using clock wizard and my own IP isn't work

Jump to solution

I'd like to make vga controller 640x480 60 Hz which i nedded 25Mhz clock. In the other hand my board cmod a7 could only produce 12.5 Mhz by configuring the constraint file. can i used clock wizard to generate 25Mhz? i also attach my project. i already generate the bitstream but does not work at all.

i'm sorry i use gdrive because the hdf file can't be uploaded here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19BVC111uZhssct7kPnhoh9YSYd548c_D/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Custom Project using clock wizard and my own IP isn't work

Jump to solution

Hi wisnuk@w

I don't know the behaibiour of your IP.

But, if your IP has VGA controller and you want to connect video signal via analog VGA or HDMI, at least, the output signal of Red/Green/Blue are wrong.

I'd like to help you. But this topic (my explanation) is not suitable in this forum.

I'd like to continue it as new topic and post in Video forum.

So, could you do it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi wisnuk@w,

Is the 12.5MHz clock an oscillator that you have on your board?

If that's correct, yes, you can input that 12.5MHZ clock right into a MMCM or PLL (created by the Clocking Wizard IP) and on the output you will have the 25MHz clock.

The MMCM can synthesize up to 7 different output clocks at a time, so if you happen to also need a different clock frequency for something else in your design, you can use that same 12.5MHz input to create the 25MHz and another (or another six) different clock.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks, 

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi wisnuk@w

I confirmed schematic of Cmod A7.

According to this, you can use 100MHz as GCLK on L17 pin.

I suggest this clock as clock source and divider or MMCM or PLL to generate 25MHz.

Would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor wisnuk@w
Visitor

Jump to solution

thankyou for the response , i already generated clock using clock wizard IP however i got nothing on the all outputs pin red,green,blue,and so on.my block design showed on following picture. Meanwhile, i already did a simulation with testbench and i got the output exactly as i like. i work that out that the Clock Wizard IP is not be able to clock my IP. I'll be glad if u could inspect my project by download the project on that link. 

regards

ask.png
0 Kudos
Visitor wisnuk@w
Visitor

Jump to solution

I did. but i got nothing on my all outputs. could you help me find out by my projects that i uploaded at gdrive please. thanks for the response anyway

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi wisnuk@w

I see.

It is not clock wizard issue.

If possible, would you the followings ?

After that, I or other person will help you.

1) Describe the summary or other comment about this issue and close this topic in this group.

2) Create new topic in Video forum (Forums -> Intellectual Property -> Video).

=> Because this issue is related with video signal and video timing issue.

=> I'm sure that this Xilinx Video Series (https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/Xilinx-Video-Series/td-p/849583) is helpful for you. I strongly suggest you to read it.

3) If my understanding is correct, your question is below. However, it is not enough information to reply this question. Could you describe more detail ?

I'd like to implement VGA controller with 25MHz clock source to output video signal as analog video.

How do I implement VGA controller ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor wisnuk@w
Visitor

Jump to solution
i got it. but i'd like to understand how vga works well i build my own IP. i just wonder why do the outputs not work at all. thank you for your suggest and attention ,i really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi wisnuk@w

I don't know the behaibiour of your IP.

But, if your IP has VGA controller and you want to connect video signal via analog VGA or HDMI, at least, the output signal of Red/Green/Blue are wrong.

I'd like to help you. But this topic (my explanation) is not suitable in this forum.

I'd like to continue it as new topic and post in Video forum.

So, could you do it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor wisnuk@w
Visitor

Jump to solution
ok we do in in video post forum
0 Kudos