UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

PCIE PIN lock

Highlighted
Observer

PCIE PIN lock

Hi,

i want to know whether the PCIE in ARTIX7-200T FPGA is pin locked(D10,C10,D12,C12) or can i use any of the MGTPTX and   MGTPRX  pins.Like can i use the pins AD10,AC10,AD12 and AC12.Please support.

regards

Arun

Re: PCIE PIN lock

[ Edited ]

Arunkumarka,

The hardblock itself is locked to a particular quad so yes it is technically locked to the pin set in that quad but the core it self should show what is capable or not. You may have to go into advanced mode settings to do it. Check the PCI-E Core product guide PG054. In particular, see table 2-5 on page 11. It shows all available integrated PCI-E blocks in a particular 7-series device. Also, check the PCI-E core itself. If the core does not allow you to select another pin from a different quad then it is not supported. If it does then you are set. 

Regards,

Tezz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------