UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Selecting package pin for reset

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Selecting package pin for reset

I am using an XC7A100T, on a board with no board file.

The block automation in Vivado creates a port called reset_rtl_0 that is hooked up to the clocking wizard.

However I still need to define the i/o port pin and i/o standard for this port.

Please assist.

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: Selecting package pin for reset

[ Edited ]

You are talking about a system reset input I guess.For my AC701 board I had used the following.

#AC701 CPU Reset
set_property PACKAGE_PIN U4             [get_ports glbl_rst_i]  # active low reset input
set_property IOSTANDARD  LVCMOS15 [get_ports glbl_rst_i]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Scholar

[ Edited ]

You are talking about a system reset input I guess.For my AC701 board I had used the following.

#AC701 CPU Reset
set_property PACKAGE_PIN U4             [get_ports glbl_rst_i]  # active low reset input
set_property IOSTANDARD  LVCMOS15 [get_ports glbl_rst_i]

FPGA enthusiast!

hi @simchask,

I believe that reset_rtl_0 is reset sequence , in -order to use the reset  in your design. you need to define that in ports along with IO standard in XDC file for reset usage.

ta

sekhar 

Visitor

Thanks!

I didn't understand that this reset should be hooked up to the reset push button switch. I thought it was some electrical signal the FPGA should be accepting from the clock. Is there a document that specifies the appropriate IO standards?

Scholar

Is there a document that specifies the appropriate IO standards?

Part number-wise I am not sure (e.g. XC7A100T).

But board number-wise yes, for e.g. AC701 (you have to see the User Guide for this board UG952).

FPGA enthusiast!