UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Xilinx SERDES SelectIO interface LVDS Zync series 7 FPGA

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the SelectIO interface wizard and I have the reset coming up after the reset for the clocks giving it plenty of time but I don't see anything coming out of the serdes  output even though in simulation I see the data out of the lvds_25 p and n signals.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Xilinx SERDES SelectIO interface LVDS Zync series 7 FPGA

Jump to solution

Have a look at xapp585: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp585-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

Using OSerdes in DDR-Mode with BUFIO/BUFR, you're usually able to approach 1200Mbps. It might be a little bit less depending on PCB-Quality (Clocks, Power-Supply, Routing of differential signals).

Zynq7010 is equivalent to the Artix 7 Series in regards to FPGA logic. Have a look at the speedgrade of your device as well.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @lynume

If it seems to behave normally in your simulation then the chances are that the logic is good. 

Can you route the input to an output and make sure that electrically the input present at the output of IBUFDS?

can you share the settings you used in the wizard? what is the data rate?

Keith 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Jump to solution

I figured out what the issue was, it was that the bank needs to be set to 2.5V for LVDS2_5 to transmit.  But I have another problem, will I have issues if my clock is 100 mhz, what's the max speed of the LVDS signals from the XC7z010 fpga

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Have a look at xapp585: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp585-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

Using OSerdes in DDR-Mode with BUFIO/BUFR, you're usually able to approach 1200Mbps. It might be a little bit less depending on PCB-Quality (Clocks, Power-Supply, Routing of differential signals).

Zynq7010 is equivalent to the Artix 7 Series in regards to FPGA logic. Have a look at the speedgrade of your device as well.

0 Kudos
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll see about using in DDR

0 Kudos
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi so I'm seeing that using the select io wizard and the using the oserdes with a XZ7z010 FPGA that I'm not really getting a true lvds signal, my signal changes everytime I change one of the input bits to the serializer and seems to be dependent on the frequency of the input signal I send into the signal which seems to affect the output of the serializer.

0 Kudos
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm using DDR how can I get a true lvds signal, I'm getting this what is attached

FPGA_Screen_Capture.bmp
0 Kudos
Visitor lynume
Visitor

Jump to solution

The clk speed going into the oserdes is 50 Mhz, the data on each input pin the highest is 1 Mhz, so data rate is probably around 50Mbps.  I've atttached the serdes settings.

0 Kudos