cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Considerations of zynq7000 -1LI version

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am user of the XC7Z020-L1CLG484I (-1LI version), where VCCINT, VCCPINT and VCCBRAM work at 0V95. Because of an unexpected lack of sotch until end january - march 2021, I need to migrate to the XC7Z020-1CLG484I. Having a look, the only difference is that the voltages above mentioned are now 1V, according to this

Can I just update my power distribution so the regulator of VCCINT, VCCPINT and VCCBRAM now outputs 1V (keeping the same power sequence)? Is there anything else I should take into account? If so, the only changes are the SoC and some resistors in the power regulator. 

Regards

Thanks in advance

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, you need to update the Vccint and VccBRAM voltages from 0.95V to 1.0V (VCCPINT is 1V for either speedgrade).  You will need to recompile your design in Vivado or at least change the speedgrade to -1 on the existing implementation and check that it meets all timing and DRCs with the new speedgrade selection. Operating at 1.0V over 0.95V will incur higher power.  You should re-check power estimations and ensure you still have enough current on all your rails and that your thermal design is still adequate with the additional power draw.

If all that checks out, you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, you need to update the Vccint and VccBRAM voltages from 0.95V to 1.0V (VCCPINT is 1V for either speedgrade).  You will need to recompile your design in Vivado or at least change the speedgrade to -1 on the existing implementation and check that it meets all timing and DRCs with the new speedgrade selection. Operating at 1.0V over 0.95V will incur higher power.  You should re-check power estimations and ensure you still have enough current on all your rails and that your thermal design is still adequate with the additional power draw.

If all that checks out, you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos