cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

PMU FW build platform specific?

For Buildroot Linux on ZCU102, I am trying to use a prebuilt PMU FW, but it only exists for ZCU106.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67818.html

It doesn't make immediate sense to me that these PMU FWs are hardware platform specific. What specific configurations are different between these two development board related with PMU FW?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I believe the ZCU102 actually uses a GPIO pin on the PMU to shut the board off, as an example - there may be other system-specific customization for the ZCU106.  Ideally you should build PMU firmware from the SDK using your exported design (from Vivado) to configure it, but it can be built outside of SDK if you must.

If you don't want to use Vivado and the SDK to build PMU firmware, the project at https://github.com/lucaceresoli/zynqmp-pmufw-builder is a script that will build a generic PMU firmware with a fixed config. I have used a similar approach with buildroot on the ZCU102 myself and found it to work fine.

Nathan Sullivan - Senior Embedded Software Engineer - www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks! 

I've had a look at that one and it keeps complaining about GNU Bash version not being >3, but it is actually version 5. Perhaps it was a while since you used it?

In reality I'm just trying to do a quick tutorial of Petalinux, but with Buildroot. Lots to get a hang on!

Would you know of a PMUFW for the zcu102? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it has been a while - I'm mostly using PetaLinux now since it automates much of this.

If you do not want to build your own PMUFW from source, the ZCU102 BSP, found on the board page, should have a pre-built one inside it.

Nathan Sullivan - Senior Embedded Software Engineer - www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos