cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with qspi flash example

Hi everybody,

we're trying to use the qspi flash on a Tranz TE0720(Xilinx Zynq 7020) from a C++ FreeRTOS application.
We're using the Xilinx XSDK and Vivado version 2018.3.

If we create a simple hello world application, enable the xilisf library in the bsp, configure family for windbond(4) and interface for qspi(3) and replace the code with this example:

it can't find the header file included in line 64.
#include "xintc.h"                /* Interrupt controller device driver */

In Vivado we also enabled the Quad SPI Flash in the Zynq module:
vivado_qspiflash.png
What else do we need to configure, so that the example works and we are able to read/write the qspi flash?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Try running the xilsf_qspips_stm_polled_example.c    This code should run on Windbond W25Q devices per the code header.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your quick responce!

The xilisf_qspips_stm_polled_example compiles without errors, however itfails when it verifing the readbuffer of the normal read.
How can we check if the write actually works because if we run it on our Tranz te0270 board the write apears to write correctly, at least iit does not fail.

Thanks and cheers!

@Xilinx why are there winbond examples if they do not work with winbond flash? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would advise stepping through the xilisf_qspips_stm_polled_example code to see where the issue is.    Once you have that I can open up a CR to get that resolved.   

For Zynq 7000 designs, the qspips are the proper examples.   For the Zynq UltraScale+ the qspipsu are the correct examples, the other examples are for AXI QSPI.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I stepped trough the example. The condition in line 355 is met. The ReadBuffer array is empty. The write and read calls where executed with status 0.

Wany thanks!

0 Kudos