cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Reading Flash on ZC706 via the XSCT Console, but no Signals Show on Oscilliscope

Jump to solution

I am using Vivado and Xilinx SDK 2018.3. I am also using the ZCU706 Board. For certain reasons, I am interested in reading from the flash module of one zc706 using another zc706.

To begin this project, I am trying to read signals off the flash chip using an oscilliscope while running commands to read the flash from the xcst console in the SDK. However, there are no signals being read on the oscilliscope on any of the pins (except Vcc which is 3.3v for both flash chips). The only time I read any sort of signal is on board boot up when I'm in QSPI Flash boot mode (SW11[0,0,0,1,0]).

My block diagram is a simple zynq SoC with the output and input clocks linked. My SDK project is the sample "HelloWorld" project from Xilinx.

My code in the xcst console is as follows:
//connect to HW target
connect
targets
targets 2 (to connect to the processor)
//put QSPI into linear addressing mode
mwr 0xe000d000 0x8000a00d1
mwr 0xe000d0a0 0x82ff02eb
mwr 0xe000d014 0x1
//read from flash
mrd 0xfc000000

My question is, why can I read from the QSPI in the xsct console and get data back, but the o-scope does not show any signals?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

As I tested further, I found that reading from the QSPI controller via an SDK project o nthe board itself did trigger the OScope signals. My guess is that somehow the flash is chached and can be read without going through the SPI controller. However, I'm not sure. I could make the target area in memory uncacheable, but what i have works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

As I tested further, I found that reading from the QSPI controller via an SDK project o nthe board itself did trigger the OScope signals. My guess is that somehow the flash is chached and can be read without going through the SPI controller. However, I'm not sure. I could make the target area in memory uncacheable, but what i have works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos