Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Running separate binaries on ZynqMP cores a53-0 & a53-1

Jump to solution

I have inherited a system running on a ZCU706 (Zynq-7000) and have the task to get it running on a ZCU102 (ZynqMP (Ultrascale+)). The system includes a FreeRTOS-based application running on core 0 and a bare-metal application on core 1.

The Zynq-7000 FSBL starts the FreeRTOS-based application on core 0 which then provides the start address for core 1's application to CPU1STARTADR and call sev to start core 1 running.

I have not found any information about doing something similar on ZynqMP (there are examples of running Linux on the four A53 cores and a separate binary on the R5s).

The boot file creation for ZynqMP includes a "Destination Device" and "Destination CPU" and the FSBL seems to start both (all?) cores. Is this true? Then I need to provide the synchronization between cores 0 and 1 to ensure the application on core 1 does not try to utilize resources before core 0 has initialized things?

Can anyone point to an example similar to this?

Thanks!

.Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you @denist for the information and suggestions.

I am moving ahead with an implementation to that allows the two processors to synchronize after power up before continuing processing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I suggest you take a look at UG1186.

Unfortunately the closest official solution to match your system would be:

FreeRTOS on R5 and Linux on A53.

We don't have FreeRTOS/standalone both on A53.

I doubt you want to use an Hypervisor .... https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842530/XEN+Hypervisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you @denist for the information and suggestions.

I am moving ahead with an implementation to that allows the two processors to synchronize after power up before continuing processing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos