UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Secure boot of Zynq-7000 SoC

Hello,
I have been working through the example of how to build and boot a secure system provided in XAPP1175 (see attached). The worked example starts on page 21. It provides the steps to develop a Zynq system using the GUIs provided by Xilinx Vivavdo Design suite and SDK. I previously purchased the Xilinx ZC702 evaluation board around which the application note is written.

All goes well until I try to perform step 6 on page 28.

Step five on page 27 states that no libraries should be selected when building the board support package. If I proceed as stated in step (no libraries selected) an error is displayed when following step 6, “X This applicatioin requires xilffs library in the board support package. This error prevents me from slecting Finish. See the three images taken when trying to work through steps 5 and 6.

So, next I tried going back to the libraries selection and selected the required library, xilffs. This appears to resolve this first problem.
See images attached.

Now after selecting finish the software reports an error due to not finding “xilrsa.h”.
See image attached in the reply.

Please can you advise if this application note is or is not compatible with 2019.1.
If it isn’t compatible with 2019.1, is there a compatible or better worked example, or should I install 2014.4?

Any help appreciated.
Best regards,
Andrea

step 5 to 6.jpg
step 5 to 6 pt2.jpg
step 5 to 6 pt3.jpg
Libraries selection.jpg
libraries pt2.jpg
libraries pt3.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Secure boot of Zynq-7000 SoC

Attaching last image of the error report.

error.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer tassenpudding
Observer

In the "supported libraries" tab of the bsp there is also "xilrsa" have you tried to add that?

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @andreac_avnet

I followed the steps in the XAPP also and saw the same errors as you’ve described.

You could go back and add those requested libraries in.

Or, I skipped Step 5 and went straight to Step 6, created the Application Project, named it fsbl and instead of using existing, selected “Create New”. Then built the BSP.

I seemed to get further that way.

We’re in the process of checking with the XAPP1175 author and will come back to you when we receive further updates.

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @andreac_avnet

After discussions with the author, the documentation will be updated to have this rectified in a future version.

Some more details on the workaround I used.

Skipped Step 5

Change Step 6 to the below:

Create the FSBL project. Select File > New > Application Project. The Application Project dialog box is displayed. Enter fsbl as the project name. Select “Create New” Board Support Package option. Click Next. The New Project Templates dialog box is displayed. Select Zynq FSBL and click Finish.

image2.png

This allowed for the fsbl_bsp to be created.

Using this flow, the missing libraries reported in the error messages are automatically added to the newly created BSP.

Proof: Right click on fsbl_bsp and select Board Support Package Settings. The below will be seen.

image3.jpg

The other option for rectifying the errors would be add in the missing libraries in Step5 as you and @tassenpudding identified.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos