Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

UltraZed not booting from QSPI

Jump to solution

I am using an UltraZed-EG SOM on an UltraZed IO carrier card.  The version of Vivado is 19.1.  Using the flash memory programming feature in the SDK I am selecting the qspi-x4 type to program.  Below is a snapshot from the SDK.

flash error.JPG

There are no errors reported after the programming has completed with takes less than 10 minutes.  I set the dip switch on the SOM to boot from the QSPI but the PS_ERROR LED indicates that there is a problem.  Does anyone experience this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

A #define FSBL_DEBUG_DETAILED was added to xfsbl_debug.h.  More information was displayed indicating a checksum error.  This was resolved.  The local FAE suggested that we switch to the eMMC on the board instead of the QSPI for now.  The eMMC was programmed and the SOM now boots successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

A #define FSBL_DEBUG_DETAILED was added to xfsbl_debug.h.  More information was displayed indicating a checksum error.  This was resolved.  The local FAE suggested that we switch to the eMMC on the board instead of the QSPI for now.  The eMMC was programmed and the SOM now boots successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos