UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zynq part compatibility

I have 10 custom boards with Zynq 7030 on them.

One board will not boot from SDram  ..   I also will not run a  program larger than around 32k.

if it is larger  the program gets lost and will not get to any of my breakpoints.

This board is the only one with different marking on the case of the chip. It is the only one with a 2D code on it.

See the attached files

Is this part  different than then others.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq part compatibility

HI kguzzino@jariettech.com,

Could you please provide the what exactly the difference between working Zynq ID and  not working Zynq ID? are you running the application through JTAG or loading it from the any flash device? Is it giving any error or hanging? if is an error, please provide the error details. if it hangs then try to debug the application through JTAG step by step.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

Srikanth,
I started a SR # 10453170
the device id's are in attachments there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi kguzzino@jariettech.com,

That's ok, but could you please answer to my other Questions? are you running the application through JTAG or loading it from the any flash device? Is it giving any error or hanging? if is an error, please provide the error details. if it hangs then try to debug the application through JTAG step by step.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

The bad Board won't  boot from my SD card so I am loading the bit file from jtag and then running with the SDK and uart.

Sometimes  the program (elf) doesn't seem to load and I have to restart. Restart , by recompiling, then debug.  This is just to get the 'hello world' example to run.

I am trying to get a OCM memory test to run, using one of the good boards. When that works correctly I will put it on the bad board.

0 Kudos