UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a QSPI Flash Controller in the the IP Catalogue

Jump to solution

is there a flash controller available in the Xilinx IP that would support a 1G bit Micron serial nor flash device (MT251G....)?

I found an SPI flash controller on Open cores and am writing/reading the flash status register via an arty board. I have also done 256 byte page program using a counter for data and read the counter back out again. which is all good stuff.

But I am struggling a bit with erase. The controller supports bulk erase BE but the command code is not in the device DS. The controller also supports sector erase and the command code matches DS but the protocol appears to have evolved from giving an address to giving an address range. this controller does not support extended addressing either.

I could hack away at this controller and probably end up getting it to work but even then it is SPI and not QSPI and we are desperate for high bandwidth. So I am thinking surely Xilinx have one in their IP given how ubiquitous and all pervading flash is in electronics.

I can see that Altera do one:

Quad-SPI Serial Flash Memory Controller - Altera

Quad-SPI Flash memories have many advantages : high speed, low pin count, small packages, and low cost ! ALSE Quad-SPI Flash Controller IP has been ...

so surely Xilinx can match that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: is there a QSPI Flash Controller in the the IP Catalogue

Jump to solution

Have a look at the (free) AXI Quad SPI IP core. This can be used either as a standard SPI controller, or as a dual/quad SPI controller for talking to flash memory chips.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

Have a look at the (free) AXI Quad SPI IP core. This can be used either as a standard SPI controller, or as a dual/quad SPI controller for talking to flash memory chips.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

thanks for pointing me to that although it looks a bit complicated and all singing and dancing.

but thanks anyway

0 Kudos