cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Anyone used FIR polyphase interpolator?

Dear all,

I used IP cores (FIR complier or Distributed Arithmetic FIR Filter) to build a polyphase interpolator, however, it doesn't work.  After I input a 200 Hz sinfrusoidal wave with a sampling frequency of 2000 Hz, the sampling rate doesn't change.  If I  use the same IP cores to do a decimator, it works good and I can see the sampling frequency decreased.

Anyone has experiences on the interpolator? why it works good when used as a decimator, while doesn't work as a interpolator?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This sounds like a bug in the core to me.  Both the Interpolation and the Decimation should work.

I would recommend opening a case with the Xilinx Technical Support.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/services/contact_info.htm
Chris
Versal ACAP: AI Engines | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hmm I have the identical problem. Any solution to this available??
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

could someone post a reference code that shows how to interface a polyphase interpolation by 2 FIR filter, please.

Than you

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

It seems I found the problem. With a input sample frequency of 3.125MHz and clk of 100MHz it doesent work. If the clk is 50MHz or lower, or if the input frequency is 6.25 MHz or higher, it works. That is, if the ratio of the clk to the input frequency is higher than 16 it doesn't work.

Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Does it (interpolation>16) not work in simulation or hardware?

schnuber wrote:

It seems I found the problem. With a input sample frequency of 3.125MHz and clk of 100MHz it doesent work. If the clk is 50MHz or lower, or if the input frequency is 6.25 MHz or higher, it works. That is, if the ratio of the clk to the input frequency is higher than 16 it doesn't work.

Is this a bug?

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos