cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ib313

Black Box wrong results

Hello everyone,

i have developed a model for a power converter in Simulink and generated a VHDL code using HDL coder. The output is 55 files. I verified the codes by using HDL verifier and ModelSim. The results of the cosimulation were identical to the original model. So i believe that the codes are properly generated.

Now i tried to verify the codes by Xilinx System Generator black box as shown in the figure, but the results are not the same anymore.

For the first 0.05 seconds all outputs are correct but then they are not. This means that the data types are handled correctly as well as the inputs such as clk , reset and clock_enable.

Moreover i read the help of the black box and i followed the requirements on HDL for Black Boxes.

I am really confused and i don't know why the results are not correct from the black box.

Did anyone face a similar problem or can suggest some way to troubleshoot the problem?

Thx

Ibrahim

XSG model.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vkanchan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ib313 ,

Could you ensure if the black box module settings are as per the section "Importing HDL modules" in UG897.

For example, the naming of clock and clock_enables is not according to it. Also the clock and its enable ports have to be declared in the "config.m" file associated with the black box.

0 Kudos