UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor atlas_eh
Visitor

DDS 6.0 AResetn not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having a problem with the reset to a DDS IP block.

In simulation the output of the DDS is reset correctly but the reset does not work after implementation.

Looking througth the netlist/schematics the reset is connected to the DDS IP (via a new port "lopt") but the DDS seems to be free-running.

Our system relies on the fact thet the Phase of the Sin/Cos outputs  is predicable after the reset is removed so we need to get the reset working.

I am using Vivado 17.3

Regards,

Elwyn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor atlas_eh
Visitor

Re: DDS 6.0 AResetn not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had put ILA in the design and it showed the logic was generating a reset but the reset in the DDS was not toggling.

After your response I added more debug points and looked at intermediate points between the reset flop and the DDS.

This highlighted that the reset was not getting through this logic (even though the simulation worked ok).

I have re-written the reset logic external to the DDS and it now works.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Put an ILA in and verify that the reset is really occuring.

Visitor atlas_eh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had put ILA in the design and it showed the logic was generating a reset but the reset in the DDS was not toggling.

After your response I added more debug points and looked at intermediate points between the reset flop and the DDS.

This highlighted that the reset was not getting through this logic (even though the simulation worked ok).

I have re-written the reset logic external to the DDS and it now works.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post