cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DEMUX block in Xilinx System generator is not available?

Jump to solution

I used mux block in encoder section and for the o/p i have to use "demux"  block at to the decoder side.

Xilinx is not providing demux block? How can i solve the problem?

I want to design demux block with 32 outputs.

Help me.. Thanks in adv

--

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

To keep sim[ple, as you are using 14.2, please check in  "Simulink Blocks Supported by System Generator" section of UG638 released for 14.2, if you see Demux in that list than you can staright away use it, else upgrade ISE to latest version as Matlab R2012a is aslo suppoerted for 14.7

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I can see it 14.7 + Matlab R2013a, what tool versions are you using?

but it seems Simulink block, please check this link

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/17520.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted

i am using 14.2+ matlab r2012a

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted

u are talking abt these blocks ( Concat, Reinterpret, and Slice blocks)?  these blocks will not work like demux

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted

i need xilinx block.. i already saw the link and those blocks are not useful.

i used mcode block to design a demux. i need 32 outputs for that i need 5 selection lines.   The one i designed also contains selection lines. But in xilinx mux block even for 32 i/p there is only 1 selection line.  How xilinx designed mux block?

Even i need a demux block having 1 section line for n input

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Good that you have made Demux using mcode.

The AR says that in older version as Xilinx blockset do not have Demux you can build DEMUX functinality using reinterpret, slice and concat blocks not that those blocks can be used for Demux.

I think your question on Mux select is clarified in this post.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Digital-Signal-Processing-IP-and/Doubt-related-to-Xilinx-System-generator-MUX-block/m-p/401157#M3804

In latest version you can use Simulink Demux block for generating the code as it is supported by Sysgen.

Please refer "Simulink Blocks Supported by System Generator" section of UG638

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/sysgen_ref.pdf

Hope this clarifies

Regards,

Vanitha

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Dear vanitha,

Thanks for your valuble info

U said in older versions demux block is not available. thats fine

But which versions of ISE i have to use for inbuilt Xilinx block?

I am not getting how to build demux functionality (block) using reinterpret, slice and concat blocks.

If u have any demo model then please attach here..

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

To keep sim[ple, as you are using 14.2, please check in  "Simulink Blocks Supported by System Generator" section of UG638 released for 14.2, if you see Demux in that list than you can staright away use it, else upgrade ISE to latest version as Matlab R2012a is aslo suppoerted for 14.7

Regards,

Vanitha.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

wow! thank u very much  vanitha..

i referred the doc ug 638.

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted

simulink demux block has no selection line.. how can i connect my o/p to selection line?

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

a way to build the Demux would be to Concat your 5 selection lines then use 32 relational blocks to check if the 5bit selection singal equals the values 0 to 31. Each result is then connected to the enable of a register like below:

Of course with 32 such block combinations and not just 4 like in the picture.

You might maybe also take a look at Time Domain Multiplexing and Demultiplexing blocks

I hope i could help

Regards Markus

demux.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

demux is the simulink block supported by sysgen . Demux supports same features as in simulink.

For your customize application i would recommend to create your own library or use vhdl code and import the mux functionality with using blackbox application. You can also write matlab code and use M code block.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos