UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie vahishta31

Doing signal processing on a data stream causes time delay

Hello,

I am trying to do some signal processing on a received radar signal. The radar is a continuous wave radar and an the FPGA is controlling its operation. As the first step of DSP, I want to average the stream, of data coming continuously through ADC in intervals marked by an internal trigger. For that I have made an IP state machine  which writes and reads simultaneously to a FIFO buffer to add the data to it and in the last interval it sends the averaged data to master AXIS port to be written on the memory. I get always really big values for the time slack and it doesn't work. apparently the delay is caused in between the FIFO and the M_AXIS port. I tried to implement it with a BRAM as well and I got the same result. Does anyone have a better idea as how to do the averaging real time?

thank you

0 Kudos