UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor raptor
Visitor

Dspace FPGA Build

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to build a very basic FPGA model using dSpace FPGA blockset. Once I initiate the building process MATLAB gets stuck at the starting synthesis step. Its a very basic model and shouldn't take that long to compile.

Starting model preparation for code generation...

The path selected for the build process is currently 92 characters long (max. recommended:
110 characters). Long build paths might lead to problems with filesystem operations in the
build process. In order to avoid these problems, please ensure, that the sum of the length
of Working Directory, model name and the name of the FPGA subsystem to be built is minimized.
Updating Model...
Starting System Generator code generation...

Starting synthesis of System Generator output files...
Starting synthesis...

There is no progress after this. Can someone tell me what might be the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor raptor
Visitor

Re: Dspace FPGA Build

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my case the problem was the with model name. I was using space and numbers in my filename which apparently slowed down the building process. Using a short name with no numbers and space solved the problem. 

3 Replies

Jump to solution

@raptor 

Systhesis process may take long time to complete. Dspace invokes the vivado on the backend and run the synthesis, but does not show the progress. 

You should wait for sometime. If no error is shown then we can assume that everythign is working fine. 

Or you can run systhesis manually as well to check whether everything is working fine or not on Vivado. For this, do the below steps,

1. Click on the SysGen token and see the location in 'target directory'. 

2. Go to folder "hdl_netlist" in the target directory -> open the .xpr project in Vivado. 

3. Click on 'run implementation' (on left bottom); as see the progress on TCL console. 

If no error reported, then you should wait for synthesis (and then implementation) completion on Dspace well. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We recently saw a similar issue, when we used the unsupported version of OS, Matlab and SysGen. 

Can you please check whether are you using the correct combination of these three?

0 Kudos
Visitor raptor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my case the problem was the with model name. I was using space and numbers in my filename which apparently slowed down the building process. Using a short name with no numbers and space solved the problem.