Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blaroche
Visitor
Visitor

Error reported by S-function 'sysgen' in 'Gateways/Gateway In':

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of the DPS design suite 12.4, and I tried to transform my Matlab program into VHDL with XSG.

I have some errors with basic examples. When I tried to test the simple example of the sine wave with Xilinx block inserted, I had the following error for the two gateways :

Error reported by S-function 'sysgen' in 'Gateways/Gateway In':
An internal error occurred in the Xilinx Blockset Library.

Please report this error to Xilinx (http://support.xilinx.com), in as much detail as possible. You may also find immediate help in the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com.

Since it is possible that this internal error resulted from an unhandled usage error in your design, we advise you to carefully check the usage of the block reporting the internal error. If errors persist, we recommend that you restart MATLAB.

Besides, I tried to use the CORDIC 4.0 and the Divider Generator 3.0 blocks. I received again an error message for both :

BlockDescImpl::addclkCEPair: Tried to set clock rate for ("clk", "ce") as "-1"; rate must be a positive integer or Inf
Error occurred during "HDL Netlist Configuration".

Error occurred during "Simulation Initialization".

Reported by:
'Test1/CORDIC 4.0 '

Could you help me to find and solve problems ?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The attached .mdl works fine for me.

Are you launching SysGen from the start menu? You should be (i.e. don't just start it from Matlab/Simulink).

Can you attach the .mdl giving the rate errors?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
blaroche
Visitor
Visitor

I don't understand. As you said, my model works find today whereas it refused to work before even if I restarted Matlab.

I join the other models which still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
blaroche
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
geethurs

I got the same problem when i tried to implement ny design. Is it because that i open it from Matlab-simulink? Please help. 

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could be. It's always the place to start. Do you get the error when you launch SysGen properly from the start menu or shortcut?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
m.dianati

Hi,

I have got the same problem with the first example of SysGen. I tried Lab2 in getting started examples following the instructions, but when try to generate bitstream, I get the following error:

Please report this error to Xilinx (http://support.xilinx.com), in as much detail as possible. You may also find immediate help in the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com.

Since it is possible that this internal error resulted from an unhandled usage error in your design, we advise you to carefully check the usage of the block reporting the internal error. If errors persist, we recommend that you restart MATLAB.

Reported by:
'my_lab2/Gateway In1'

I looked at the log file, and I ge the following:

Begin generation
Checking model status
Checking simulation times
Performing compilation and generation

*** ERROR ***

Errors occurred during netlist generation.
Error reported by S-function 'sysgen' in '<a href="matlab:open_and_hilite_system ('my_lab2/Gateway In 2')">my_lab2/Gateway In 2</a>':
A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to C:/Xilinx/14.1/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/examples/getting_started_training/lab2/my_lab2_sysgen_error.log

However, I couldn't decode the message. Could any one please have idea about what I am perhaps doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Mehrdad

0 Kudos
m.dianati

ps: here is my mdl file.

Best regards,

Mehrdad

0 Kudos
amishmks
Adventurer
Adventurer

Any chance anybody figured out what the problem was. I started seeing this issue.

I completely reinstalled matlab 2012b and ISE 14 but to no avail.

I attached the mdl file that is failing on my computer. This same file compiles fine on my co-workers computer.

It must be something causing the issue on my computer.

The error is below

I would really appreciate some insight into this. Thanks,

Amish

ERROR:

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to C:/test/untitled3_sysgen_error.log

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

LOG FILE:

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version Path
System Generator 14.1 C:/Xilinx/14.1/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen
Matlab 7.14.0.739 (R2012a) C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2012a
ISE C:/Xilinx/14.1/ISE_DS/ISE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: Fatal Internal Error
Block: 'untitled3/Gateway In'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

Details:

Please report this error to Xilinx (http://support.xilinx.com),
in as much detail as possible. You may also find immediate help
in the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com.

Since it is possible that this internal error resulted from an
unhandled usage error in your design, we advise you to carefully
check the usage of the block reporting the internal error. If
errors persist, we recommend that you restart MATLAB.

0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Two things:

* Matlab 2012a or 2012b is not supported by SysGen (see http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/17966.htm)

* I would also install Matlab in a directory without space in it.

@amishmks wrote:

Any chance anybody figured out what the problem was. I started seeing this issue.

I completely reinstalled matlab 2012b and ISE 14 but to no avail.

I attached the mdl file that is failing on my computer. This same file compiles fine on my co-workers computer.

It must be something causing the issue on my computer.

The error is below

I would really appreciate some insight into this. Thanks,

Amish

ERROR:

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to C:/test/untitled3_sysgen_error.log

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

LOG FILE:

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version Path
System Generator 14.1 C:/Xilinx/14.1/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen
Matlab 7.14.0.739 (R2012a) C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2012a
ISE C:/Xilinx/14.1/ISE_DS/ISE
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: Fatal Internal Error
Block: 'untitled3/Gateway In'

Error 0001:

Reported by:
'untitled3/Gateway In'

Details:

Please report this error to Xilinx (http://support.xilinx.com),
in as much detail as possible. You may also find immediate help
in the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com.

Since it is possible that this internal error resulted from an
unhandled usage error in your design, we advise you to carefully
check the usage of the block reporting the internal error. If
errors persist, we recommend that you restart MATLAB.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
amishmks
Adventurer
Adventurer

I will try your suggestions. Thanks

0 Kudos
amishmks
Adventurer
Adventurer

I went back to Matlab 2011b and ISE 14 but it still does not work. I actually did a full re-install of windows and it still did not work.

Anybody knows how matlab communicate with the sysgen software. I am wondering if there is program corporate puts on my computer that is somehow screwing things up.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Amish

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Have a look at this AR:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44617.htm

Namely, do the following:

- Make sure you're launching SysGen from the Start menu shortcut, not just through matlab/simulink

- Point your TMP and TEMP environment variables to something simple like C:\TEMP

- Make sure your working project directory is in a short-ish path with no spaces or funny characters

- Kill other process that could be interfering. Matlab makes heavy use of Java so killing other Java processes especially has been known to help

www.xilinx.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ywu wrote:

* Matlab 2012a or 2012b is not supported by SysGen (see http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/17966.htm)

Will this remain the case, and if so do we have to go back to ISE 13 and Matlab 2011, and follow the suggestions in answer 44617?

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For 14.1, yes this will remain the case. The supported versions for 14.1 will not change. You can use any of the versions listed in AR17966.

Also note that 14.2 supports 2012a

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
khoa9485

I have faced a same problem with the design environment

- Matlab 2011a

- Xilinx 14.2

To fix this error, I did as the follow:

- Start the "System generator" in the start menu, not from Matlab - simulink.

I saw some changes form the model itself when you start System generator in different ways

- Case 1: From Simulink, the output of Gateway display double instead of Fix_8_2

and the output of the bus was double, not double (2)

- Case 2: start system generator from start menu, everything works fine.

Guessing that, matlab 2011a can not start the correct system generator.

0 Kudos
duydoan

Hi,

I have searched and followed this thread. I have had this problem quite a while; I have this "Internal Problem ...In GateWays/GatewayIn" when generating the VHDL. Within simulink and MATLAB, everything seems to works fine for me. This is what I have checked without succes (both on 13.3 and 14.1):

1) Configure Sysgen to associate to 2010a (on 13.3) and 2011b on ISE14.1

2) No space in ISE and MATLAB installations, No deep directory. ( C:\MATLAB\ and C:\XILINX\ )

2) Launch from from Start menu , system generator shortcut.

3) Simulate a design, both complex and simple. Using WaveScope etc. Everythings seems to works fine.

4) try a very simple model (gateWayIn---> Delay--->gatewayOut)

5) Gerate the VHDL; but getting an Compilation error.

PS: it shall be said that I m running on Vista Enterprise 32Bit, because this is our cooperate system. Is this the problem?

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
duydoan

Hi,

I have now tried ISE 13.1 with MATLAB2010a (shall be compatible with Vista). Here is the Screen dump of the error, configurations, models. As you can se, this is a very simple model.

I hope that you can help. 

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
james_gp
Visitor
Visitor

I've been having this problem too, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has Carbonite Backup installed... I'm wondering if it's the culprit.

0 Kudos
fayyazrafiq
Participant
Participant

Has any body sorted out the problem of internal error. I am also stuck with the same error. Please help me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
moreasm
Contributor
Contributor

I have partially solved with this workaround :

##########################################
##                                                                            ##
## Install Xilinx 14.x on Windows 7 x64                        ## 
##                                                                            ##
##########################################

***** Configuration *****

- Windows 7 x64 (SP1) all update installed
 - MATlab 2013b x64 installed in "C:\MATLAB\"
 - Xilinx ISE 14.x x32/x64 installed in "C:\Xilinx\14.x\" default directory
 - System Generator configured with MATlab 2013a installation

***** SYSTEM and USER Variable *****

- XILINX = C:\Xilinx\14.x\ISE_DS\ISE
 - XILINX_PLANAHEAD = C:\Xilinx\14.x\ISE_DS\PlanAhead
 - XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic
 - TMP = C:\TEMP
 - TEMP = C:\TEMP

***** Add this to PATH of SYSTEM and USER *****

- %XILINX%\bin\nt
 - %XILINX%\bin\nt64
 - %XILINX%\lib\nt
 - %XILINX%\lib\nt64
 - %XILINX_PLANAHEAD%\bin	

***** Restart PC *****

Open Matlab and your model.

Before compiling with "System Generator Block" :

- delete directory of partial compilation project "Target directory" define in "Simulink Block"

delete the contents of the directory "C:\TEMP", especially :

- directory ".felix"

directory "LibraryBrowser"

directory "mwslx_"

- "sysgentmp-<user_name>"

- all file that start with "xil_"

I normally delete entire contents by selecting all the elements and ignoring those blocked.

In matlab execute this command :

"xlCache('clearall')"

Now open "System Generator Block" and start compilation.

Sometimes the error occurs again, close and reopen all matlab.

moreasm

0 Kudos
yx-412
Visitor
Visitor

I have solved this hard problem. I follow the following steps. after that, restart your System Generator.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Description

While generating a netlist, a "Fatal Internal Error" occurs, reported by a simple model (eg constant).  

This issue does not occur every time.

After the error is received I cannot generate a netlist or run Hardware Cosim for a very simple design.

Restarting Matlab will sometimes fix the issue.

What is the cause of this problem?

This issue only affects 64bit Sysgen.

Sysgen encounters problems with the license file when it is located under C:\.Xilinx.

It can be fixed by leaving C:\.Xilinx empty, saving Xilinx.lic to a different location (for example C:\Xilinx_license\Xilinx.lic), and pointing to it by using the environment variable XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////.///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ref: