Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keemz
Visitor
Visitor

FFT - IFFT famous problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been searching around the forums for questions about the IFFT process using the FFT block and scheduling and the timings and everything about this, I also read the datasheets mentioned in many of the answers related to this topic.

However, I still don't quite get how to do it exactly, and I could also see throughout most of the posts of other colleagues that there are a lot of people who still can't get exactly how we should use scheduling and timing to manipulate the IFFT.

So I would like to ask any one that is more experienced than us to post just a simple sin wave --> FFT---> IFFT with the corresponding timing and scheduling requirements, I believe such an example would make it extremely easy for people to understand how it goes.

Thanks in advance,

Karim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you use System Generator, you can find a FFT/IFFT demo in Matlab demo area (see the snapshot below). This demo uses non-AXI FFT v7.1. If you plan to use AXI, an example can also be found in the sysgen example directory in the IDS installation (it's C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\examples\axi_designs\fft on my machine).

ScreenHunter_03.jpg

@keemz wrote:

Hi,

I have been searching around the forums for questions about the IFFT process using the FFT block and scheduling and the timings and everything about this, I also read the datasheets mentioned in many of the answers related to this topic.

However, I still don't quite get how to do it exactly, and I could also see throughout most of the posts of other colleagues that there are a lot of people who still can't get exactly how we should use scheduling and timing to manipulate the IFFT.

So I would like to ask any one that is more experienced than us to post just a simple sin wave --> FFT---> IFFT with the corresponding timing and scheduling requirements, I believe such an example would make it extremely easy for people to understand how it goes.

Thanks in advance,

Karim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you use System Generator, you can find a FFT/IFFT demo in Matlab demo area (see the snapshot below). This demo uses non-AXI FFT v7.1. If you plan to use AXI, an example can also be found in the sysgen example directory in the IDS installation (it's C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\examples\axi_designs\fft on my machine).

ScreenHunter_03.jpg

@keemz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Karim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
keemz
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for you reply Jim, I will check it out

0 Kudos
maniteja001

i I need  to build an IFFT system  for multi tone test signal generation  using ofdm technique in system generator. Please tell me how to do 

0 Kudos