UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor keemz
Visitor

FFT - IFFT famous problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been searching around the forums for questions about the IFFT process using the FFT block and scheduling and the timings and everything about this, I also read the datasheets mentioned in many of the answers related to this topic.

However, I still don't quite get how to do it exactly, and I could also see throughout most of the posts of other colleagues that there are a lot of people who still can't get exactly how we should use scheduling and timing to manipulate the IFFT.

So I would like to ask any one that is more experienced than us to post just a simple sin wave --> FFT---> IFFT with the corresponding timing and scheduling requirements, I believe such an example would make it extremely easy for people to understand how it goes.

Thanks in advance,

Karim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FFT - IFFT famous problem

Jump to solution

If you use System Generator, you can find a FFT/IFFT demo in Matlab demo area (see the snapshot below). This demo uses non-AXI FFT v7.1. If you plan to use AXI, an example can also be found in the sysgen example directory in the IDS installation (it's C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\examples\axi_designs\fft on my machine).

ScreenHunter_03.jpg

@keemz wrote:

Hi,

I have been searching around the forums for questions about the IFFT process using the FFT block and scheduling and the timings and everything about this, I also read the datasheets mentioned in many of the answers related to this topic.

However, I still don't quite get how to do it exactly, and I could also see throughout most of the posts of other colleagues that there are a lot of people who still can't get exactly how we should use scheduling and timing to manipulate the IFFT.

So I would like to ask any one that is more experienced than us to post just a simple sin wave --> FFT---> IFFT with the corresponding timing and scheduling requirements, I believe such an example would make it extremely easy for people to understand how it goes.

Thanks in advance,

Karim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If you use System Generator, you can find a FFT/IFFT demo in Matlab demo area (see the snapshot below). This demo uses non-AXI FFT v7.1. If you plan to use AXI, an example can also be found in the sysgen example directory in the IDS installation (it's C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\examples\axi_designs\fft on my machine).

ScreenHunter_03.jpg

@keemz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Karim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor keemz
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for you reply Jim, I will check it out

0 Kudos
Newbie maniteja001

Jump to solution

i I need  to build an IFFT system  for multi tone test signal generation  using ofdm technique in system generator. Please tell me how to do 

0 Kudos