UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jhk
Visitor

FFT IP-Core output order does not match with simulation

Jump to solution

Hi,

my problem is as follows:

I have a FFT-IP-Core with the following key-settings:
 * Transform length 16
 * pipelined Streaming I/O
 * fixed point
 * reversed Ordering
 * realtime

The IP-Core works as expected in simulation: generated with Vivado 2014.4 for a XC7VX485T and generated with Vivado 2017.3 for a XCKU115.
The FFT-IP-Core running in a design on the XC7VX485T delivers the expected results. However, the FFT-IP-Core running in a design on the XCKU115 delivers not the expected results (observed with an ILA-Core). My observation is as follows:

I expect the results in the following (bitreversed) order:
0, 8, 4, 12, 2, 10, 6, 14, 1, 9, 5, 13, 3, 11, 7, 15

The tuser signal of the FFT-IP-Core delivers the expected order, but the data does not match:
The first and the second value are correct. The third and the fourth value are swapped. The 5. value deliverd by the FFT-IP-Core should be the 8. value. The 6. value matches with the 7. The 7. with the 6. ... The last value (on the FPGA) matches with the 9. of the simulation.

I use some other FFT-IP-Core instances in my design with other transform lengths, etc. (all with reversed ordering) without problems.

Is it possible, that there is a problem with this IP-Core-Settings and the XCKU115?

Thanks and Regards
Jan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor jhk
Visitor

Re: FFT IP-Core output order does not match with simulation

Jump to solution

Hi @balkris,

thank you for the reply. 

The fwd_inv flag of the scaling schedule was in simulation and the design was not the same, causing a incorrect data order.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The reason for difference may be because you may not driving the all the input correctly. Please make sure all the input driven correctly. You may dump all your control signal and see everything working fine . You may try post simulations. I am assuming you are meeting timings . You may try running the FFT design at lower frequency
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Visitor jhk
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @balkris,

thank you for the reply. 

The fwd_inv flag of the scaling schedule was in simulation and the design was not the same, causing a incorrect data order.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos