cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hago23

FIR Compiler

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding the FIR comiler 7.2:

1. My filter coefficients are soley 1 and -1, therefore ony addition and subtraction need to be used. Does the core automatically adjust its utilization according to the coeffs? and since I intend to reload the coeffs, so they are not constant but are still only 1 and -1, does it affect the core utilization?

2. Is it possible to reload another set of coeffs to the core while it operates on the previous one? So when it is done filtering with one set, the next set of coeffs will be loaded already?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vkanchan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The number of resources used depend on the coefficient, the core clock frequency / input sample period, number of data paths and so on.

The factors that affect the utilization are covered in PG149 and GUI also gives an estimate on the resources used.

The number of coefficients that the FIR can reload will be equal to original number of coefficients.

It is possible to reload the coefficients while data processing is go on, the new reload coefficients are loaded with trigger of a configuration event. This is detailed in PG149.

0 Kudos