UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor robroy
Visitor

Failed to read or parse strategy file SysGen 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using the following system:

MATLAB version: 2018a (tried using 2017b but encountered the error described in the following post and followed their fix to upgrade to 2018a, 2017b and 2018.1 incomp.)

Vivado version: 2018.1

I'm trying to test SysGen out but I'm encountering issues when placing basic building blocks. I'm recieving the following warning when placing a System Generator token as the first object in my design:

Warning: Failed to read or parse strategy file /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/strategies/VDS2017.psg
> In xilinx.environment/getStrategyAttrsFromFile
In xilinx.environment.loadAllStrategies
Warning: Error evaluating 'PreLoadFcn' callback of block_diagram 'xbsBasic_r4'.
Callback string is 'warning('off','MATLAB:mex:deprecatedExtension');xlSysGenPreLoadCheck;xlmeta;evalin('base','xilinx.environment.loadAllStrategies();');'
Warning: Output argument "strats" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "xilinx.environment/getStrategyAttrsFromFile".
Warning: Failed to read or parse strategy file /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/strategies/VDS2017.psg
Warning: Error evaluating 'PreLoadFcn' callback of block_diagram 'xbsIndex_r4'.
Callback string is 'warning('off','MATLAB:mex:deprecatedExtension');xlSysGenPreLoadCheck;xlmeta;evalin('base','xilinx.environment.loadAllStrategies();');'
Warning: Output argument "strats" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "xilinx.environment/getStrategyAttrsFromFile".
Warning: Error evaluating 'CopyFcn' callback of Xilinx System Generator Block block (mask) 'untitled/ System Generator'.
Callback string is 'xlBlockMoveCallback(gcbh);xlSysgenGUI('copy',gcbh);'
Warning: Unexpected Standard exception from MEX file.
What() is:Failed to open file for read: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/data/sysgen/blockstatus/VivadoIPLifeCycleSchedule.txt
In xlSysgenGUI

If I try to place something else in the same diagram afterwards I get the following message:

Warning: Error evaluating 'CopyFcn' callback of Xilinx Gateway In Block block (mask) 'untitled/Gateway In'.
Callback string is 'xlBlockMoveCallback(gcbh);'
Warning: Unexpected Standard exception from MEX file.
What() is:Failed to open file for read: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/data/sysgen/blockstatus/VivadoIPLifeCycleSchedule.txt

If I try to double click on the System Generator token as to edit it's settings I get the following error in an pop-up box:

Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of Xilinx System Generator Block block (mask) 'untitled/ System Generator'. Callback string is 'xlSysgenGUI('startup',gcs,gcbh);'

Output argument "strats" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "xilinx.environment/getStrategyAttrsFromFile".

and the following get's printed in the command window:

In xlSysgenGUI

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor robroy
Visitor

Re: Failed to read or parse strategy file SysGen 2018.1

Jump to solution

Solution found in that I had earlier edited my startup.m file to append a file path for Mathworks HDL Coder, by the following command: hdlsetuptoolpath('ToolName', 'Xilinx Vivado', 'ToolPath', '/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/');

Removing that line from the startup.m file fixed this issue for some strange reason, I suppose it either overwrites something used by SysGen or it runs before something else and thus blocking SysGen's possibility to call on that something.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor robroy
Visitor

Re: Failed to read or parse strategy file SysGen 2018.1

Jump to solution

Solution found in that I had earlier edited my startup.m file to append a file path for Mathworks HDL Coder, by the following command: hdlsetuptoolpath('ToolName', 'Xilinx Vivado', 'ToolPath', '/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/');

Removing that line from the startup.m file fixed this issue for some strange reason, I suppose it either overwrites something used by SysGen or it runs before something else and thus blocking SysGen's possibility to call on that something.