Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Fir compiler

Jump to solution

AFAIK, FIR is nothing more than a set of (convolution) coefficients. Now, how is it possible that you provide both passband and stopband as input arguments for the filter generation along with the coefficients? Aren't they related, implying redundancy or, more likely, incompatibility conflicts? Why I always have a low-pass filter, no matter which coefficients I choose? Why don't coefficients affect anything but ripple? Why do I get a low-pass filter, despite my pass band is in (0.5-1) and stop-band in the range (0-0.5)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Everything in that 'frequency response tab' of the FIR Compiler GUI (i.e. the stopband/passband settings) is simply for setting up the analysis of the display. It doesn't affect your coefficients or the actual response of the filter at all.

This is touched on in the datasheet.

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Everything in that 'frequency response tab' of the FIR Compiler GUI (i.e. the stopband/passband settings) is simply for setting up the analysis of the display. It doesn't affect your coefficients or the actual response of the filter at all.

This is touched on in the datasheet.

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I have accepted but I do not agree that it is clear from the datasheet.

0 Kudos