cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Integrate FPGA design(possibly PYNQ generated) with Simulink

Jump to solution

Hi, I have some experience with HDL design and Vivado. I am entirely new to Simulink and PYNQ environment.

simulink design diagram.PNG

The figure is from M.Bahoura's "FPGA-implementation of dynamic time delay neural network for power amplifier behavioral modeling."

I think Simulink is useful because it has modules like "Rectangular QAM Modulator Baseband," "Raised Cosine Transmit Filter", etc and it seems like I can easily plot constellation from here(from Discrete-Time Scatter Plot module).

The yellow colored part(RVTDMM4) is generated from Xilinx system generator. I wonder if I can utilize PYNQ to achieve the exact same yellow colored part. I want to exploit PYNQ's easy prototyping ability, but

at the same time, it would be helpful to utilize Simulink's graphing ability.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi 

You can perform hardware Co- Simulation if you want test FPGA design inside the Simulink model. But this option is only for test your design isn't intended for finals designs.  To enable this feature of Xilinx System Generator you must select your board in the Xilinx system generator token and then select the hardware Co- simulation option. I'M using Vivado2017.4 and the Pynq board isn't supported in this version of Vivado. In this case you have to add this board to Matlab Simulink . You also can consult the UG897 for more information. I hope that this information was useful to you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi 

You can perform hardware Co- Simulation if you want test FPGA design inside the Simulink model. But this option is only for test your design isn't intended for finals designs.  To enable this feature of Xilinx System Generator you must select your board in the Xilinx system generator token and then select the hardware Co- simulation option. I'M using Vivado2017.4 and the Pynq board isn't supported in this version of Vivado. In this case you have to add this board to Matlab Simulink . You also can consult the UG897 for more information. I hope that this information was useful to you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos