UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with generation on Linux

Hi,

I've just install Matlab R2009a and System Generator 11.2 on Fedora.

I've got a problem with a small test project (gateway in and out with a inverter between).
When I generate the HDL netlist with the System Generator token, an error occure.

Here is the sysgen error report:

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version                                 Path
System Generator 11.2.1866              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin/sysgen
AccelDSP 11.2.1866                      /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin/AccelDSP
Matlab 7.8.0.347 (R2009a)               /opt/Matlab
ISE 11.2.i                              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/ISE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: Program "gcc" returned non-zero status (1).

Block: 'test/Inverter'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
  'test/Inverter'

Details:
Program "gcc" returned non-zero status (1).

Error occurred during "Simulation Initialization".

Please help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor cpanazio
Visitor

Re: Problem with generation on Linux

Hi Laurent,

I have installed ISE Design suite on my Ubuntu 9.04 64-bits with Matlab 2009a and had run into some similar problems too (see http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=DSPTOOL&thread.id=1837 ). I was able to simulate some simple blocks but the simulation of more complex blocks or trying to generate a bitstream results in errors. I have seen that many libraries were missing and I was able to resolve all the dependencies, but the errors are still there. If you have better luck, please, tell me.

Regards,

Cristiano

0 Kudos