Did you mean: 
sha2
Contributor
Contributor

RF SoC NCO freq hopping

Jump to solution

Hi everybody

the subject is about the RFSoC RF converter IP

has someone perform any check about the NCO update dedicated ports ?

I am interested to know the following :

On page 137 of the spec joined here there is a figure that describe the NCO update via dedicated ports 

1.    whats the max update rate on those ports ? Can we know whats the values T1 , T2 ?  if its depend in others parametters , so can you refer us to a more detailed spec ? 

2.    when the ports are busy is the NCO previous configuration stable ? 

3.    After a NCO update , how can we know to which NCO values the IP samples outputs  are related ? I mean , is there any indication (fixed latency , trig ports or whatever else  ) 

Thanks

Sha2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klumsde

Hi @sha2 

This feature is for managing frequency hopping. 

It is expected that with this we can hop the frequency once every 1us. 

T1 is there to illustrate the time from a request to the busy signal asserting. In this case there is the added condition that the logic will wait for the IP startup state machine before asserting busy / starting the writes. 

T2 is variable and depends on the number of writes you are doing. In this case each register write takes 5x s_axi_aclk cycles. 

During the update the previous Phase/Freq are still valid. The new values are applied when busy goes low. 

I am not sure what you mean in question 3. If you have a case where your tiles are aligned then you have the sysref mechanism to manage the update. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
klumsde

Hi @sha2 

This feature is for managing frequency hopping. 

It is expected that with this we can hop the frequency once every 1us. 

T1 is there to illustrate the time from a request to the busy signal asserting. In this case there is the added condition that the logic will wait for the IP startup state machine before asserting busy / starting the writes. 

T2 is variable and depends on the number of writes you are doing. In this case each register write takes 5x s_axi_aclk cycles. 

During the update the previous Phase/Freq are still valid. The new values are applied when busy goes low. 

I am not sure what you mean in question 3. If you have a case where your tiles are aligned then you have the sysref mechanism to manage the update. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

GuyDorman

Hi,

I am also interested in frequency hopping capability in my application.

Can you please let me know which application are you designing with the RFSoC which needs frequency hopping?

Thank you,

Guy

0 Kudos