UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor okaraca
Visitor

System Generator - Fatal Internal Error - Help! SOLVED

Jump to solution

Hi!

I began working with the Xilinx System Generator just today so I am a newbie and therefor a little confused. Sorry for my horrible English!!

At first I want to simulate a VERY simple thing to just get my Xilinx blocks in Simulink working. But I fail everytime I push the "generate" button in the System Generator Dialog.

(I tried several simple blocks so this is just an example: )

I attached that very simple example to this post. So as you can see in that attachment everytime I push "generate" I get two errors:

An internal error occurred in the Xilinx Blockset Library.

Please report this error to Xilinx (http://support.xilinx.com), in as much detail as possible. You may also find immediate help in the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com.

Since it is possible that this internal error resulted from an unhandled usage error in your design, we advise you to carefully check the usage of the block reporting the internal error. If errors persist, we recommend that you restart MATLAB.

Reported by:
'untitled/Constant'

A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to C:/Users/karaca/Documents/MATLAB/untitled_sysgen_error.log

Reported by:
'untitled/Constant'

These messages pretty much don't tell me anything I can work on. I read about this (on errors because of version differences) and I read some (for my case important) parts of sysgen_gs and I couldn't really find any help. 

Details about my Computer:

System Generator for DSP 13.1
Operating System Support: 
Windows 7
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Red Hat Linux 4u7  
Red Hat Linux 5u2  
SUSE Linux 10.1  

* Support for 32-bit and 64-bit on all OS
Required: 
ISE Design Suite 13.1 Logic Edition
MATLAB R2010a or R2010b from the MathWorks  (requires Simulink Fixed-Point Toolbox for bus-widths greater than 53 bits)

I also read here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/31095.htm

=> Environment Variables: I put all these, as written there "in one concatenated list" which means that I have a variable called "Path" with the value e.g.: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;<MATLAB INSTALL DIR>\bin\;<MATLAB INSTALL DIR>\bin\win32;%Xilinx%\bin\nt; %Xilinx\lib\nt;... etc. (of course I have changed "MATLAB INSTALL DIR" to the actual directory and etc.)

*AND HERE is a little problem I think: if you look at that link you'll see another value: XILINX_DSP = C:\Xilinx\11.1\DSP_Tools\nt

but I have no such DSP_Tools. I must say that I have a WebPack Version but I can still use the System Generator (I don't even know exactly why because I read that the System Generator is not available - and for some reason I can see the Xilinx blocks in my Simulink Library). May it be that I am using the free-version of Xilinx ISE and therefor don't have DSP_Tools and therefor am not able to generate the netlist-file?

I'm really really sorry if I am confusing but I am as confused! ;p

Thank you so much for reading this. Please help!

screenshot.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor okaraca
Visitor

Re: System Generator - Fatal Internal Error - Help!

Jump to solution

I found the problem on my own :p

Of course you cannot use Sysgen with the WebPack license. (I am still confused at why I could see the Xilinx blocks in my Simulink although I wasn't supposed to have Sysgen at first place - as I have the webpack license. So I thought I could use them and generate my netlist file.)

I got the 30-day evaluation license and tadaaa it works now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor okaraca
Visitor

Re: System Generator - Fatal Internal Error - Help!

Jump to solution

I found the problem on my own :p

Of course you cannot use Sysgen with the WebPack license. (I am still confused at why I could see the Xilinx blocks in my Simulink although I wasn't supposed to have Sysgen at first place - as I have the webpack license. So I thought I could use them and generate my netlist file.)

I got the 30-day evaluation license and tadaaa it works now.

0 Kudos