UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tkuseler
Visitor

System generator: MATLAB HW co-cimulation + additional library

Jump to solution
Dear All!

I'm trying to do a hardware co-simulation of a System Generator model in the MATLAB software.

The modul contains a Black Box element (VHDL files) .
These VHDL files use an additional library:

LIBRARY MY_LIBRARY;
USE MY_LIBRARY.ALL;

How is it possible to add the library to the model?
At the moment the synthesis tool (xst) called by MATLAB (system generator block -> generate) reports an error on:
ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - "path/file.vhd" Line 1790. Library MY_LIBRARY cannot be found.

I'm able to add the library manually in the generated ISE but this unfortunately doesn't solve the problem because every time I click the "generate" button in the System Generator model, a new ISE project  is generated, the library is lost and the HW co-simulation doesn't work.

Thanks very much!

Torben
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor wpadgett
Visitor

Re: System generator: MATLAB HW co-cimulation + additional library

Jump to solution

Within the System Generator Help (within Matlab) I find the document titled "Importing HDL Modules: Black Box Configuration M-Function".  This help document includes a heading on Black Box VHDL Library Support and describes how to compile files into a user library and include the libraries for use in black box code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
I don't think a user defined library is supported in SysGen blackbox flow. Everything needs to be in the "work" library.
Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor wpadgett
Visitor

Jump to solution

Does this limitation still hold in ISE13.1? 

I have Synplicity generated VHDL that uses a separate library, so blackbox will be eliminated as an option for me if I can't pull in a separate library.  I have already experimented with modifying the code to use a single library for a different tool flow but it isn't guaranteed to be free of name conflicts in that case.

0 Kudos
Visitor wpadgett
Visitor

Jump to solution

Within the System Generator Help (within Matlab) I find the document titled "Importing HDL Modules: Black Box Configuration M-Function".  This help document includes a heading on Black Box VHDL Library Support and describes how to compile files into a user library and include the libraries for use in black box code.

View solution in original post

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, VHDL Library Support for Black Box Import is a new feature added in 13.1. 

@wpadgett wrote:

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos