Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

System generator: MATLAB HW co-cimulation + additional library

Jump to solution
Dear All!

I'm trying to do a hardware co-simulation of a System Generator model in the MATLAB software.

The modul contains a Black Box element (VHDL files) .
These VHDL files use an additional library:

LIBRARY MY_LIBRARY;
USE MY_LIBRARY.ALL;

How is it possible to add the library to the model?
At the moment the synthesis tool (xst) called by MATLAB (system generator block -> generate) reports an error on:
ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - "path/file.vhd" Line 1790. Library MY_LIBRARY cannot be found.

I'm able to add the library manually in the generated ISE but this unfortunately doesn't solve the problem because every time I click the "generate" button in the System Generator model, a new ISE project  is generated, the library is lost and the HW co-simulation doesn't work.

Thanks very much!

Torben
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Within the System Generator Help (within Matlab) I find the document titled "Importing HDL Modules: Black Box Configuration M-Function".  This help document includes a heading on Black Box VHDL Library Support and describes how to compile files into a user library and include the libraries for use in black box code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
I don't think a user defined library is supported in SysGen blackbox flow. Everything needs to be in the "work" library.
Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Does this limitation still hold in ISE13.1? 

I have Synplicity generated VHDL that uses a separate library, so blackbox will be eliminated as an option for me if I can't pull in a separate library.  I have already experimented with modifying the code to use a single library for a different tool flow but it isn't guaranteed to be free of name conflicts in that case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Within the System Generator Help (within Matlab) I find the document titled "Importing HDL Modules: Black Box Configuration M-Function".  This help document includes a heading on Black Box VHDL Library Support and describes how to compile files into a user library and include the libraries for use in black box code.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, VHDL Library Support for Black Box Import is a new feature added in 13.1. 

@wpadgett wrote:

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos