Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to locate XtremeDSP Kit board using the PCI interface

Hi all,
  I am using sys gen 8.1.01 with Matlab R14sp3, ISE 8.103 with the xtremeDSP IV from nallatech.

I follow the steps outline in Xilinx Answer #18794

made a simple counter to test out the hw-cosim via the PCI.  sysgen was able to generator the hw-cosim block and I insert back into my .mdl and try to run.
I get the following error message.

"Unable to locate XtremeDSP Kit board using the PCI interface."

any help would be appreciated!

chung

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Is your card inserted properly into the PCI slot. It has to fit really snugly in the slot.

You can also try transferring your working folder to C:\...

If all else fails, you may need to open webcase
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi again, I just remembered you have to open the BenAdda cards in Nallatech software before u simulate. The instructions to do it are in the kit manual. Perhaps u can try this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Be sure you are able to open the card in the PCI slot using the FUSE Probe software.  If you can perform the Open Cards function from FUSE then System Generator should be able to run the co-simulation using PCI.

Also, be sure you're targetting the correct architecture when generating your HW co-simulation block (i.e. Virtex-4, etc.)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi all thanks for the reply,

I am able to open the card in the FUSE software, I perform the self test when I installed the card.  I tried leaving the FUSE probe open when simulating still got the same error message.  I even tried setting the wrong device, it gives a different error message when I tried to co-sim a V2 device.

been doing some looking online, apparently I got the xtremedsp kit 4 (DO-DI-DSP-DK4-UNI-G) and not the xtremedsp kit 4 + sysgen (DO-DI-DSP-DK4-SG-UNI-G).  does that make a difference? are there additional installation files in the second kit specific for using the xtremedsp kit with sysgen?

I looked in my sysgen install folder, and I see XtremeDSPPCPostGeneration.m etc and the benone_top_pci_xc4vsx35.ucf file in the folder, I assume that should be enough.  is there others I am missing?  thanks in advance.

chung

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I believe the two kits are just different combinations of products.  You either buy the XtremeDSP kit and System Generator seperately or together, there should be no difference in the System Generator installation.

You cannot run PCI co-sim on the XtremeDSP kit if the card is alread open in FUSE.  Be sure to close all the cards before trying to run the co-sim with PCI.  Also if you have multiple cards be sure the correct one is specified in the hardware co-sim block parameters.

If you are still having trouble with running a PCI hardware co-simulation with your XtremeDSP kit please open a WebCase with Xilinx Technical support here:
http://support.xilinx.com/support/clearexpress/websupport.htm

0 Kudos