cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fallenleaf
Visitor
Visitor

Virtex6 Cordic using as square root, highest speed?

Hi, everyone

I'm using the cordic as square root function on virtex6. But what is the highest speed of this cordic can work?  My cordic version is 4.0, and the length of input is 33bits, pipeling is maximum, round mode is nearest even.

The data in DS249 only shows the maximum speed of Virtex5, and does anyone test or know the highest speed of square root in Virtex6?

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can either implement the desgin targeting Virtex6 to get the number yourself or use the numbers in DS858 below as references (By the way, download Xilinx Document Navigator to manage all Xilinx documents) :

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/cordic/v5_0/ds858_cordic.pdf

@fallenleaf wrote:

Hi, everyone

I'm using the cordic as square root function on virtex6. But what is the highest speed of this cordic can work?  My cordic version is 4.0, and the length of input is 33bits, pipeling is maximum, round mode is nearest even.

The data in DS249 only shows the maximum speed of Virtex5, and does anyone test or know the highest speed of square root in Virtex6?

thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos