cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

connection of two boards with FMC cable

I'm working on stream data transfer using two boards with FMC cable.

I tried to generate data, and print it out on HDMI screens.

stream data works perfectly within one board. But when I assign stream data to a pin and receive it from the transmitter board, a loss of data occurs.

faults in the data are found in several lines between, although the data are transmitted.

I thought this was due to the synchronisation of the clock, but I found it impossible to synchronize the clock using FMC cable on two different boards.

Adding a FIFO or lowering the clock to deal with this problem has not been resolved. 

Here is my transmitter, receiver-design port. What is the problem with configuring the system as shown in this picture?

tx.PNGrx.PNG

(The top is tx and the bottom is rx.)

(because of ILA, complicated connection appear in rx)

I tried to analyze it through the debugger. Results found that signals such as tlast did not reach correctly. However, I still haven't found the solution.

I've been thinking about this for two months, and I posted. Can you give me advice or a solution? 

Thank you for reading it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@freezing3968,

I thought this was due to the synchronisation of the clock, but I found it impossible to synchronize the clock using FMC cable on two different boards.

What are you doing for the axis_clock?

--Are you also trying to transmit the axis_clock from tx to rx?

--Or you are generating an axis_clock at the rx ?

How did you try to sync the clock at the rx?

In my opinion a source synchronous clocking is a good method.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos