Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

"caught standard exception": on sysgen - linux 64 - Ubuntu Jaunty

Jump to solution

Hello,

I successfully installed ISE design suite 11.2 on my Ubuntu Jaunty 64 box. It runs everything (including JTAG through the USB) but compile a project using sysgen and MatlabR2008a. Actually, I am able to run simulations using sysgen, but I cannot compile and generate the bitstream or make a hardware co-simulation. It shows a "caught standard exception" messenge (details below) along with a messange that it  couldn't open first pass text file at... There are no spaces in the paths and I am running the project at the tmp directory. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Cristiano Panazio

--
Cristiano Magalhães Panazio, Dr. - Assistant Professor
Laboratory of Communications and Signals - LCS
Departament of Telecommunications and ControlPTC
Escola Politécnica of the University of São Paulo - Brazil
URL: http://www.lcs.poli.usp.br/~cpanazio

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version                                 Path
System Generator 11.2.1866              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin64/sysgen
AccelDSP 11.2.1866                      /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin64/AccelDS
P
Matlab 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)               /usr/local/matlab76
ISE 11.2.i                              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/ISE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: caught standard exception
     Block: Unspecified
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
  Unspecified

Details:
standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
An exception was raised:
com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: couldn't open first
pass text file at /tmp/lab2/netlist/sysgen/masterScript62973.pl

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have just discovered that many libraries are missing. I have managed to solve many dependences but I still have problems. Furthermore, even the simulations that I thought to be working are having some problems. Some more advanced blocks can't get simulated. At least, till now, the ISE and iMPACT seems to be working fine.

I would really appreciate if Xilinx could make the System Generator compatible with Ubuntu. Hope that this day would come soon.

Regards,

Cristiano

Message Edited by cpanazio on 08-14-2009 04:55 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have just discovered that many libraries are missing. I have managed to solve many dependences but I still have problems. Furthermore, even the simulations that I thought to be working are having some problems. Some more advanced blocks can't get simulated. At least, till now, the ISE and iMPACT seems to be working fine.

I would really appreciate if Xilinx could make the System Generator compatible with Ubuntu. Hope that this day would come soon.

Regards,

Cristiano

Message Edited by cpanazio on 08-14-2009 04:55 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The issue you encountered is due to some shell script syntax. One workaround is to symbolic link /bin/sh to /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash in your Ubuntu installation

0 Kudos