Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbriegel
Contributor
Contributor

Adding more Acceleration Kernels to dpu.xclbin

Hi,

I have created the dpu.xclbin via the vitis flow successfully. In my Design, I would like to use other acceleration Kernels e.g. from Vitis Vision. How would I go about that? If I add other .xo files to the Vitis linker script that generates the dpu.xclbin, will the vitis_ai_dnndk framework still be able to find the dpu?

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jasonwu

Hi @rbriegel ,

Yes, you can. I haven't seen any limitation for a combined use of DPU APIs and common OpenCL APIs.

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
rbriegel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Jason!

Do you know of any example code where this is down? E.g. accelerating pre/post processing in an opencl kernel?

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
jasonwu

HI @rbriegel ,

For Xilinx OpenCL sollutions RTL kernel and HLS kernel are more commonly used.

I am afraid that I haven't tried with any example yet. But you may find some OpenCV HLS kernel here:

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Libraries/tree/master/vision

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos